Tuesday, September 10, 2013

About me

Hello,
I'm studying and working to be textile designer and crafter. I'm the type of person who loves pure art, so I design by hands not machine.  Actually I like drawing and it's been my preferred hobby for many years. So when I decided to change my field three years ago, I could choose well  what I want to do without hesitation.
I studied how to dye fabric using Natural Dyes,  and also about korean traditional textile. I'm Korean :)  When I was studying them I made Natural dyeing Color swatch and many things with natural dyed fabric.



My second hobby is travel. I love travel. But If I don't like drawing I might not like travel. I always try to learn textile art of the countries where I visit. It makes me to go there alone even if there're not popular tour place. When I visited Indonesia and Malaysia, I wanted to learn how to paint 'Batik' so I went to Yogyakarta.
                                 
This is my first Batik painting :)
This one is another way to do batik using stamps.

Last winter I have been to Hawaii and stayed there around three months for my vacation and also learning English. I'm the one who likes textiles and crafts, so I couldn't let myself go without knowing about Hawaii quilt. :)  Of course I learned. But I've not finished yet.

I'm still studying about textile design and craft, and I also started work. When I'm studying about Korean textile art, there was specific fabric what fascinated me, so I studied a lot about that fabric. The one was silk that kind of Organza Silk. In Korea, we make Hanbok(Korean traditional clothes) for summer with that. The reason opening this blog is to introduce that silk. (even though my English is not perfect)  If you're intrested in textile crafts or dyeing, you can get some information about special silk. I'll try to give you useful things. Thank you for reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment