Monday, September 23, 2013

Making Door Treatment with silk

Making Door Treatment with Natural Dyed Silk
Material : Silk Dupioni Organza, sappanwood

Last winter, I was been in Hawaii and came back left there a work made with my special silk. I actually planned a travel for three weeks, but when I got there, my mind was changed to stay there longer, for three months which means that I had more time for travelling relaxedly. Luckily, I got a room to my fancy at my first visit in Hawaii. The owner of the house which I rent was so friendly to me and offered many helps, so  I wanted to give a present to her. Fortunately, a few my special silk (Silk Dupioni Organza) were in my travelling bag and I could make a pretty door treatment and present her a gift.
The house where I stayed had a hall connected with kitchen and the window treatment was fitted on a door of the hall. I was impressed that my silk organza was matched nicely with Hawaiian sunshine. When the light is given evenly on inside and outside of Dupioni Organza, the original colors of work become lighter than usual by a glassy feature and the silk looks like stained glass. This picture below was taken inside the brightly lit hall on a very shinny day.


But when it was seen from outside in the darkness with the light inside on only, then it showed  more deeper colors perfectly. That is, if the silk get some light from behind, the colors can be most beautiful.


This Silk Dupioni Organza is affected from the light like other Organza fabric but it has glossy feature more than chemical fabric like polyester, so it has much quality. And what's more, it is glassy because of the Silk Duppioni feature, the slub pattern on the silk and the different tread thickness of the fabric. The biggest feature of this silk makes a variety of color at everytime.

I did patchwork with red silk dyed sappanwood and undyed Silk Dupioni Organza. It looked more glassy from different thickness of yarn in the middle of the fabric. This feature can not be seen from other silk organza, also can not be compared with polyester.

These days I'm dyeing gradations of colors on Silk Dupioni Organza. That's kind of hard work because I have to move the fabric incessantly for making gradation. I'm writing this page during the breaking time in the middle of the work.
MISSING HAWAII.


No comments:

Post a Comment